* not finalized yet, may still change
The What, Where, When, and How of Large-Scale Data Processing
by Tyler Akidau, Slava Chernyak, & Reuven Lax
Table of contents*:
Available for preorder now, Early Release coming soon, full publication summer 2017.
- Why Stream Processing?
- Data Processing Patterns
- The What, Where, When, and How of Data Processing
- Advanced Where & When
- Composition: Answering the four questions again (or not)
- Exactly Once & Side Effects
- Streams & Tables or: How I Lied to You in Chapter 1 and Then Tried To Cover It Up With Half-Baked Physics Analogies
- The Practicalities of Persistent State
- Towards Robust Streaming SQL
- The Evolution of Large-Scale Data Processing